Maui beach wedding and reception trends for 2016 parallel much of what is happening in the wedding world on the Mainland USA, with a few wonderful highlights. Just because you’re having a destination wedding, does not mean you are limited with the fun you can have! Live it up because, after all, this is YOUR big day!
Our top 10 wedding trends for 2016!
1. With years of social media influence and instant gratification for information, couples have been entering into that “too much information” era. Celebrity highlights, staged magazine compositions and personal desires have become convoluted. The 2016 educated couple is putting the breaks on and demanding to be heard rather than herded, like in years past. They want their personalities to come thru without the over-the-top fanfare. Simply put, they are looking for streamlined elegance with the essence of them. They want to describe their vision and let the planner pull it together within their budget. A Planner’s dream!
2. Top 2 Maui beach wedding reception trend themes for 2016 are in extreme contrasts to each other.
The elegant White Reception is back! Picture in your mind the white lights, white linens, white flowers, hints of earthy airy greens… The stepping off of the beach and into a fairytale. The surrounding terrain of gorgeous colors on Maui becomes the background for this upscale, elegant classic approach. A perfect balance of beach romance and affordable charm.
The Vintage Hawaiian reception is hot on its tail. With the focus being on family values, the human connection and the relaxing aloha found in the Islands, the Vintage theme encourages your guests to engage with one another, to let their guards down and really have a good time. Bringing the native culture into the wedding and reception elevates a destination wedding to a truly remarkable themed celebration.
3. Giving the champagne toast an uplift! Use designer champagnes and locally grown fruits to transform your traditional champagne toast into an elevated signature cocktail. Whether the choice is to offer champagne in the colors of your wedding reception or to create a personalized, signature drink – there are amazing mixologists on Maui to help your reception stand out and become more memorable. Every moment of your Maui wedding reception counts!
4. Offering wedding favors that highlight local favorites: local brew samplers, local sweets or cookies… Offering your guests a taste of local aloha not only saves you the shipping from home, but also allows you to share something you’ve enjoyed- something near & dear to your hearts. Try providing personalized shot glasses with your favorite liquor or woven palm baskets filled with goodies for your guests. Favors will be useful and memorable so guests will want to try them and keep them. Consider favors with an island or beach theme to tie into your Maui beach wedding reception.
5. Offering tasting stations at your reception continues to trend into 2016. Whether it be your favorite Maui Brews, a Smore’s Station or a fresh Maui Seafood Station, these stations fulfill two purposes. They not only allow you to express your personalities, but also give your guests something to do and engage in while you two are having your pictures taken. Let’s say for example, that one of your favorite pastimes as a couple is to tailgate at sporting events. Why not offer a mini brew and sliders station as one of your appetizers?
Maui offers a number of creative station ideas – and they don’t all have to be food related. How about a station to learn to make leis? Or a station with a native wood carver that can chisel your guests names onto the wooden favors you’ve pre-arranged for them? Getting creative is all the trend for 2016!
6. The Pantone Color Institute has announced the 2016 color trends and they embody what couples are looking for in their Maui beach wedding and receptions. Aiming for that laid back relaxing ambiance, they suggest more calming, softer color palettes that serve as “vehicles that transport wearers to more tranquil, mindful environs which encourage relaxation first, followed by curiosity and exploration.” The perfect statement about you, your love and your future dreams together. Colors including Rose Quartz, Peach Echo and Snorkel Blue are highlighted to make your Maui wedding reception an extension of the beautiful beaches, skies and ocean that surround your perfect day.
7. Engagement rings have always had a hint of influence by celebrities. What 2015 taught us was original, personality driven ring art is taking center stage for 2016. What does that mean for the rest of us? It means your rings should reflect you both as individuals. In actuality, the 2016 trend is to not follow a trend at all. Allow your ring to speak for you personally. Koa wood and tungsten rings remain a popular favorite for men with each ring being unique in the placement and grain of the wood inlay. Women are selecting rings with additional colored stones, antique settings or simple brilliance all in accordance with their personalities.
8. Classic wedding etiquette is back! Especially in the purposeful way of paying attention to the particulars for the guests attending your Maui beach wedding. This is the thoughtful way of showing your guests that have traveled thousands of miles that you appreciate them. Allowing someone special the honor of giving you away is a tender moment that is resurfacing. Asking someone who influenced your life to have that special dance at the reception is a great way to honor that relationship.
Wedding party gifts that are selected special are a great way to say thank you. Offering chilled water or fans to your guests on the beach before your wedding is a huge hit! Presenting your guests a lei at the start of your ceremony gives you at least 30 seconds of one-on-one time with each guest so they feel special and reinforces that you are happy they’re present for your special day. All these ideas are things your Planner can arrange for you. The goal is to celebrate your love and new path with a group of excited friends and family.
9. Maui beach wedding ceremony flowers are often undervalued as an unnecessary expense. Keep in mind those flowers tie in your wedding colors throughout your pictures which will in turn create your memory highlights. The trend for 2016 continues from 2015 in the concept of dual purpose flowers. Flowers that begin as bouquets at your Maui beach wedding and transform into table arrangements for your card table or tasting stations. Ginger paths can be reused at the entrance to your reception. Ask your Planner for more ideas with your florals!
10. After parties are all the rage for 2016! In fact we’ve seen it ramping up since October of this year. Who wants the party to end at 10? Maui doesn’t offer nightclubs like big city folks are used to, but your Planner can certainly arrange an after party in your honor… So when 10:00 rolls around, give big hugs to the little ones, lovingly escort your elders to their cars… And let the adult after party begin! This is a great time for women to slip into fun, flirtatious outfits so as to no longer need to maneuver in the big wedding gown. It’s time to let the hair down and party into the wee hours.
While 2015 was an amazing beach wedding year on Maui, 2016 is anticipated to bring about more unique Maui beach wedding and reception ideas. Whether you are seeking that intimate moment for 2 on the beach or the affordable Maui beach wedding and reception combination, we at Aloha Maui Dream Weddings are here to help make it special and memorable. Mahalo to all the 2015 couples that chose Maui as their destination wedding location and a special congratulations to all the future brides and grooms.
MAMUA KA ‘IKE, MAHOPE KA ‘IKE